BERSIH 3.0 - The day my government go to war with her people

April 28, 2012 will forever be etched into my heart. This is the day I stand up for what I believe in as a Malaysian, and the day I walk with ten of thousands of Malaysian.

A peaceful start

 


My day started early in the morning when I get out from my house at around 9.30am. Fearing that there will be road blocks, I insist of fetching a friend of mine, ON in Cheras and not meeting him in the city. From there, we proceed toward the capital. To make a long story short, after some difficulties (driving, walking and taking bus), we manage to reach the cordoned-off Dataran Merdeka around 12.00pm. There is festive-like atmosphere and the crowd is enjoying themselves taking pictures, sight-seeing and chatting around.

We joined the crowd, took pictures and walking around Dataran Merdaka due to the fact that we cannot enter  the square. Walking around, I cannot help to realise that every races is there attending this so-called rally. What a sights to behold!!!

A boring DUDUK BANTAH

Walking around, standing, sitting and singing 'Negaraku' with other protesters from 12.00pm until 3.00pm, I actually feel bored. Take note that by saying I am bored, I mean we are extremely PEACEFUL. We walk around looking for any leaders that is giving speeches but found none. Sporadically, there are some rogue protestors shouting 'REFORMASI' but it does not gain traction because the majority of us actually wanted 'DEMOKRASI'. Around 3.00pm, we found a place to sit and waited for 4.00pm so that we can go back.

An eventful ending


















By 3.15pm, sittting at the stairs of HSBC HQ, I almost fall asleep when ON told me, 'Look, water cannon'. This is followed by tear gas. By now, all hells break loose. Make no mistake, attacked by tear gas in no joke. I tear, chocked and almost collapsed. With face mask, wet towel and salt, I manage to recover myself and by now, we try to move away from the ground zero. Playing hide and seek, we walk till Menara Maybank and wait for everything to calm down before making our way back home.

Conclusion



Today marked a very sad day for Malaysia. We are just peaceful people sitting down, walking and singing national anthem yet we are attacked. Among the crowd, there are children and I even saw a baby. How can we be threat a to the public? To all the people who walk and sit with me sincerely without any exterior motives except for the 8 DEMANDS of BERSIH 3.0, a big thank you for making my day. 


Comments

ahhead21 said…
glad to know you are ok :)
aik

Popular posts from this blog

This day last year 709 (9th July 2011)

I Miss You, And I Never Even Had You; Guy's Version

My 1st Pacer Experience in Malaysia Women Marathon 2017 Half Marathon