Wesak 2012 - The 2,556th year of Buddha Era

5th May 2012 marks the 2,556th Year of Buddha Era. As a Buddhist, I celebrate this festival to commemorate the birth, enlightenment, and death of the Buddha.

4th May 2012, Wesak's eve, ending the year with celebrating Wesak's eve at Buddhist Gems Fellowship (BGF), joining in the Puja, listening to Bro Benny Liow's talk and capped with performance by iGemz.
iGemz
Naughty Aiden
5th May 2012, starting the new year in the morning at BGF, with lots of activities planned by BGF such as morning puja, performance by the iGemz kid, talk, blessing (get a red string) and lunch dana.

Performance by the Kids




The main highlight of the day will be bathing of the baby buddha. This symbolises the purification of our mind to remove our mental dirt of greed, hatred and ignorance. Preparing myself to walk for a long distance at night, I get back home to have a good rest after lunch dana. 
Buddhist Maha Vihara
The most beautiful procession
Beautiful view of BMV
Around 6pm, I reach Buddhist Maha Vihara (BMV) and meet up with the others (Leang, Bulat Tan, Jestin etc.). Waiting for the start of the Wesak's procession, we loiter around BMV and I get my 2nd round of blessing (and a yellow string). The procession start around 8pm and the route start from Brickfields, toward Bukit Bintang and back to BMV. As a Starbucks' addict, I manage to grab a double shot espresso Dark Mocha frappucino at Bukit Bintang to replenish my energy. We reach back at BMV around 11pm and my leg feel numb but I am happy and blessed to be able to join the procession this time around.

P.S.: Happy Wesak Day to ALL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This day last year 709 (9th July 2011)

I Miss You, And I Never Even Had You; Guy's Version

My 1st Pacer Experience in Malaysia Women Marathon 2017 Half Marathon