My Blind Date's Adventure

My first and last BLIND DATE -.-


It all started with a simple message to my WhatsApp on the fateful day, 30 Jan 2012 at 1.59pm.

Friend: Yong Wei, are you attached?
Me: No, any girl to intro?
Friend: Yes, I am thinking of setting you up with a friend.
Me: -.-''' OK. Let me know then.

So, my adventure begin. My friend exchanged our h/p numbers and me, as a guy send SMSes to her to arrange the location, date and time for the blind date.
On that fateful day, as nervous as I am, I remind myself that this is just a simple meet-up with a new friend. Seriously, I am so friendly that I don't think I cannot handle this meet-up. How wrong can I be.

The whole date took less than 1 hour. We met at Parkson entrance and decided to go to Fullhouse for lunch. From the first impression, I can see that she is a very quiet person, shy and timid. But seriously, if a girl agree to go out for a blind date, at least she is ready to communicate. But then...

During the date:
1. My questions came back with very short answers.
2. There is no eye-contact between us. Tried but she seem too shy to make eye-contact.
3. Awkward silent when I am not initiating communication. There are moments when I don't talk to make her talk more but she just look at her foods and keep eating.

At that moment, I prayed for the date to end as soon as possible. So, when our foods finished, I signalled for the waiter to bring the bill and pay the bill. Walking out with her from Fullhouse, we say goodbye and walk the opposite ways.

Conclusion:
This will be my first and last blind date. From the start, I am not expecting anything. As far as blind date is concerned, I don't even need to know how she look like. So, to go in a date and feeling this awkward until I am speechless, I start to doubt my communication skills. Not putting blame on others, but me; seriously, to be speechless, you are the FIRST person to do that.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This day last year 709 (9th July 2011)

I Miss You, And I Never Even Had You; Guy's Version

My 1st Pacer Experience in Malaysia Women Marathon 2017 Half Marathon