Letter to my crush - 2016

Dear Crush,

I always remember admiring you in all the pictures in the group before I met you years ago. You are so photogenic in those running photos and I wonder how you look so good in those photos. Along the years, although I join a lot of running events, I can't seem to see you in any of the events.

Until one fine day, back in 7th June 2015, when I get invited to join a random gathering at Underground Societe. No, I do not know that you are coming. And I am star-struck when you appear soon after I reach. As talkative as I am all the times, I can't believe that I don't even have a proper conversation with you on that night. However, I still remember how happy am I on that fateful night.

Along the years, I make contact periodically and trying to get to know you personally. I think I am a boring guy and I do not manage to even catch your attention to reply to me. However, I still keep updated with all your news and I am so excited when I saw your photos completing the triathlon in PD, one of the item in my bucket list. Thinking back, I am hoping that I will be able to join a triathlon with you in future. 

We see each other for 2 more times without any real conversation until 2nd Oct 2016. Again, this is an impromptu event that I do not know that you are coming. Seeing you throwing banters with S, with me following along, I learn quite a lot about you. 2016 is such a stressful year and I can say that, seeing you that day is one of my happiest day in 2016. Getting my courage to know you more, I message you more often but still, I am unable to get replies from you. And so, during the trip at the end of 2016, as we talk in the car during the journey to and back, I know that you already become the one that got away.
Fast-forward to 2017, I finally realise that as much as I like you, I know that I can't and will not win your heart. As one of your best buddy said to me, you know what you want and I am not the one that is fulfilling your checklist.
What do I like about you? Why do you have such a strong attraction on me? I do not have the definite answers. Yes, before I meet you, I am smitten by your appearance. Your runs, your cycling and your swims. Your achievements become my targets. After I meet you, I am falling for you. The way you talk, the confidence in you, the sweetness in all the sharp replies, the cockiness in you. Yes, I still do not know you well. And now I do not have the chance to get to know you more. The memories of you will have a special place in my heart and I am thankful that you appear in my life in this short period of time

Thank you very much, W. I will miss you.

Comments

Keep it up .... U got my vote bro

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss You, And I Never Even Had You; Guy's Version

This day last year 709 (9th July 2011)

My 1st Pacer Experience in Malaysia Women Marathon 2017 Half Marathon